Focus to Scope
The objective of the journal is to provide a forum for the publication of research and discussion on all aspects of university education such as the internationalization of higher education, teaching methodology, learning styles, assessment, curriculum development, educational leadership, educational management and administration, leadership, gender issues and quality assurance in higher education. Articles related to school education that have implications for higher education are also welcomed. The journal hopes to receive papers that use a variety of methods, including quantitative (experimental, descriptive-correlation), and qualitative (case studies, ethnographic). Theoretical and narrative studies will also be considered. Book reviews and shorter research notes are also welcomed.
This journal has a policy of double-blind reviewing and is actively checking for plagiarism. Besides, the journal allows free and open access for academic purposes. As an international journal, it welcomes contributions from researchers, lecturers, administrators and teachers from all parts of Asia and elsewhere.
Asian Journal of University Education uses Turnitin software (https://www.turnitin.com) in which the university subscribes to in order to detect plagiarism. Similarity index of 30% and less is acceptable.
AJUE Journal’s Licensing Statement
AJUE does not allow any commercial usage of articles published in this journal. The articles published in AJUE are mainly for sharing purposes among scholars, researchers, lecturers, students to do research and publication. Hence, the readers are not allowed to distribute the materials remixed and transformed from the articles published in this journal.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
We are currently migrating to the ScholarOne submission system, which will be operational beginning February 1st, 2021. Starting from 1st February 2021, submissions should be made to https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/ajue
Temporarily, new submissions can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include your blinded article, Turnitin report, and author/s information and affiliation/s. Detailed submission requirements are as follows.
- The submission has neither been previously published nor submitted before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- To ensure the integrity of the blind peer-review process for submission to this journal, authors and reviewers must ensure that information indicating their identities and affiliations are removed from the document. Information regarding the author/s and his/her affiliation should be submitted in a separate page.
- Submission MUST include a Turnitin report with less than 20% similarity index.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses Times New Roman 11-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. The length of the manuscript should be between 10 to 15 pages.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements of APA conventions.
- Notes should be used as sparingly as possible and should be in the form of endnotes rather than footnotes.
- Each article should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 200 words.
- Final submission for publication should follow this template – AJUE Final Full Paper Template.
The publication fee for accepted papers are as follows:
- Internal papers (from within UiTM) : RM 800.00
- External papers (outside of UiTM) : RM1000.00