Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The undersigned hereby assigns to The ASEAN Journal of Open and Distance Education, referred to as (the AJODL) all rights under copyright that may exist in and to: (a) the above Work, including any revised or expanded derivative works submitted to the AJODL by the undersigned based on the Work; and (b) any associated written components accompanying the Work.
CONSENT AND RELEASE
- In the event the undersigned make a presentation based upon the Work at a conference, the undersigned, in consideration for his/her participation in the conference, hereby grants the unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable permission to use, distribute, publish, license, exhibit, record, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or hereafter develop: (a) his/her presentation and comments at the conference; (b) any written materials or multimedia likes used in connection with his/her presentation; and (c) any recorded interviews of him/her (collectively, the “ Presentation”). The permission granted includes the transcription and reproduction of the Presentation for inclusion in products sold or distribute by AJODL and live or recorded broadcast of the Presentation during or after the conference.
- In connection with the permission granted in Section 2, the undersigned hereby grants the unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable right to use his/her name, picture, likeness, voice and biographical information as part of the advertisement, distribution and sale of products incorporating the Work or Presentation, and releases AJODL from any claim based on right or privacy or publicity.
- The undersigned hereby warrants that the Work and Presentation (collectively, the “Materials”) are original and that he/she is the author of the Materials. To the extent the materials incorporate text passages, figures, data or other material from the works of others, the undersigned has obtained any necessary permissions. Where necessary, the undersigned has obtained all third party permissions and consents to grant the license above and has provided copies of such permissions and consents to AJODL.
- The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to make and execute this assignment.
- The undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AJODL from damage or expense that may arise in the event of a breach of any of the warranties set forth above.
- In the event the above work is not accepted and published by AJODL, or is withdrawn by the author(s) before acceptance by the AJODL, the foregoing copyright transfer shall become null and void and all materials embodying the Work submitted to the AJODL will be destroyed.
- For jointly authored Works, all joint authors should sign, or one of the authors sign as authorized agent for the others.